Introductory price: £60 (till the end of Sept 2019), Full price £80
Max places: 12
Part 2 will be running the day after. Click here for details.
Most sport coaching programmes are recognising the value and importance of effective practice and motivationally supportive learning environments. This one day, practically based, course will enable you to adeptly use the theory behind these contemporary approaches to becoming skilful.
You will be introduced to the basic principles of the constraints-led approach (CLA) for designing practice and using games effectively. The day will be spent mixing bite sizes of theory with lots of time designing, running and participating in practice sessions. You will gain a good understanding of how to develop skilful performance, motivation, and empower those you coach.
• Introduction to contemporary learning theory behind the CLA
• Understand motivation theories and their importance for learning
• Introduction to a nonlinear method of teaching and coaching (CLA)
• Introduction to stages of learning from a non-linear perspective
• Lots of application and practice setting up optimal learning environments that engage, inspire, motivate, and result in effective learning and development
One-day with lots of practical stuff and some classroom theory
A commitment to learning as a (coach, parent or performer) and the personal ability to fully participate
Paddlesports (sheltered water)
Climbing (single pitch/ bouldering: indoor/ out)
Course Director: Marianne Davies