Introductory price: £60 (till the end of Sept 2019), Full price £80
Part 1 will be running the day before. Click here for details
This course builds on the knowledge and practice gained on the ‘Using games and the constraints-led approach to coaching’ course. You will use a mix of short theory sessions and lots of practical application to gain a deeper insight into developing skilful performance.
Using the theory behind the constraints-led approach to coaching, you will acquire an insight into how to assess performance needs, design and evaluate effective practice sessions, at all levels of skill development. Be prepared to be inspired, challenged and fascinated; excited to get out and incorporate the principles into your coaching practice.
• Introduction to representative learning design
• Understanding perception-action coupling & affordances
• Assessing & developing skilful performance
• Understanding the self-organisation of movement and the importance of coordination, dynamic balance & adaptive expertise
• Session planning using a nonlinear coaching method (new tools and recourses)
• Lots of practical application of planning, running & reviewing practice sessions
One-day with lots of practical stuff and some classroom theory
Completion of the ‘Using games and the constraints-led approach to coaching’ course (or evidence of equivalent). A commitment to learning as a (coach, parent or performer) and the personal ability to fully participate
Paddlesports (sheltered water)
Climbing (single pitch/ bouldering: indoor/ out)
Course Director: Marianne Davies